[coreboot] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Ronald Hoogenboom hoogenboom30 at zonnet.nl
Sat Jan 19 19:34:09 CET 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> */
>-		//while (generic_spi_read_status_register() & JEDEC_RDSR_BIT_WIP)
>+		while (generic_spi_read_status_register() & JEDEC_RDSR_BIT_WIP)
> 		myusec_delay(10);
>-		//if (i%1024==0) fputc('b',stderr);
>+		if (i % 1024 == 0)
>+			printf("b");
> 	}

There is a problem with using printf like this and that is: stdout is
line buffered. The 'b''s won't show until a newline is output or fflush
is called. That's why I used fputc initially.
If you do this with the 'pio mode' writing, you should do this for all
methods an all chips for constistent behaviour, so that is why I
commented it out initially.

Ronald.