[coreboot] progress on lx

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 22 21:02:26 CET 2008

On 22.01.2008 20:04, ron minnich wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 10:46 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>

>> Small thing; I would prefer something else than a comma after the
>> type, so that it is separated from the real information. Maybe:
>> id="pci:vendor,device";
>>
>> I think that would make the syntax much more clear.
>>

> Thats fine with me, it is not really the "standard" for the dts but I
> think we'd be better off making it clear.

Full ack.

>>> I'm undecided about this one. It adds complexity, but the
>>> complexity helps verification of the code.
>>>
>> But it's buildtime complexity which must be better than runtime
>> complexity, and definately better than runtime failure.
>>

> That's my hope. I'm happy to make the buildtime more complex, as long
> as it is more work for US, not the USERS :-)

Increased buildtime complexity is OK as long as it does not introduce
new failure modes. However, if the new failure modes are just runtime
failures moved to buildtime, great!

> I think we're going to benefit from increased error checking in the dts.

Indeed. The more stuff we check during buildtime, the less can go wrong
during runtime.

Go ahead!

Regards,
Carl-Daniel