[coreboot] LinuxBIOS on VIA EPIA EN15000

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:45:26 CET 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:29:17AM +0100, bernhard.maenner at mail.cablevision.at wrote:
>
>> I own a VIA EPIA EN15000 Motherboard
>>
> ..
>
>> Is there a chance to get my board working ?
>>

> Some, if you have time to hack a bit.
>

>> Can anybody tell me what to do ?
>>

> Corey Osgood has posted a C7/CN700 patch to the list. It has been
> tested by at least one other person but I believe it still has some
> caveats. Dig it out and try to make a coreboot port for your board.
> Please feel free to ask questions on this list or on irc.freenode.net
> #coreboot and we'll try to help.

That patch has some faults, don't try to use it with anything more than
one single sided dimm, it just won't work. It also needs the MA map type
set manually, look for this bit in raminit.c:

/* Set to 2T, MA Map type 1.
 * TODO: Needs to become dynamic */
pci_write_config16(ctrl->d0f3, 0x50, 0x0020);

The correct values for your dimm can be found with 'lspci -xxx -s 0:0.3'
or 'setpci -s 0:0:0.3 0x50 0x51' on the stock bios.

I'm back to working on wrapping this up now (as opposed to messing
around with CAR), as of right now I've got multiple dimm size setup and
dynamic timings coded for (not tested yet, but it looks good at least),
next step is the MRS values and ram init for all dimms, then MA map
values, and Rudolf gave me some pointers that might get the memory speed
working properly. I will need a sucker, I mean, volunteer who has a
board like the gOS desktop board with multiple dimms to give this a shot
eventually, I still don't have one, and this winter's been a lot harder
on my wallet then I expected.

-Corey