[coreboot] PATCH: Add Spansion S25FL016A to flashrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jan 25 02:17:00 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 01:53:00PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> This is unrelated to your patch, but I don't like that we list all
> the IDs as defines in flash.h just to put that define in the same
> place in flashchips.c.
>
> Can't we just put the ID directly into the array in flashchips.c
> and rather add another string for the vendor name?

#define ID is well tested but I'm not adamant in any way. You're
basically asking for less information in source and more at run
time. I like more info at run time but I still think it would be
nice to have IDs in the code.

I was also thinking that it would/should be simple to tell flashrom
about these flash chip parameters at run time so as to not need a
rebuild with as-yet unsupported flash.

Also, I'll patch away the vendor check for -m so that it would be
sufficient to say -m m57sli as long as no two vendors have boards
with identical names. (but -m vend:prod will still always work)

//Peter