[coreboot] Patching Config.lb

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jan 25 18:44:38 CET 2008

On 25/01/08 10:39 -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> Jordan,
>

> What benefit do we get from patching Config.lb instead of just copying a new
> one into the directory?  It seems like the same thing, only the complete
> Config.lb would be more human readable.
>

> I just thought that as long as you are regenerating those patches, we might
> want to reconsider how we do it.
>

> One of the implications is that now if you switch payloads in buildrom,
> Coreboot needs to be unpacked again, because the patch won't apply.  If we
> used a new Config.lb, we could just copy over it and run buildtarget again.

I agree with all of this. We should switch to complete Config.lbs for v2.

Also, the reason why I haven't submitted my patch is that buildtarget is
still broken for -fno-stack-protector (as per a previous email), and I
figured that as long as I was moving all the revisions up, I would wait
for that to work, but I can't wait much longer, and I really don't grok
how the config system works enough to hack on it without getting lost.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer