[coreboot] patch: add Kconfig support for v3 north

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jan 25 19:15:54 CET 2008

On 25/01/08 11:08 -0700, Marc Jones wrote:

> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:12:45AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> >> Add Kconfig files for the northbridge. Currently we only need this
> >> for the geodelx, so we can select nrv2b decompression.
> >
> > Why is nrv2b needed specifically for geodelx? The VSA blob? Should
> > that not use the same compression as the payload, if the user chooses
> > one?
> >

> > //Peter
> >

> At the time it seemed like the right way to handle the VSA binary
> distribution.  We posted a binary blob that would just work when cat'd
> on to a Geode platform ROM. It was a painful to do by hand...
>
> With the acceptance of buildrom and the new build configuration in v3,
> it seems as though we should change.  The user/buildtool will have to
> handle the compression and padding to the correct size (don't need
> padding in v3 w/lar).

Hmm - probably the right move, but the changes in buildrom are not
trivial for v2.  We would need to figure out what the ROM size is (by greping
Config.lb, probably), compress the VSA, calculate the difference and
pad.   Its not impossible, but there is lots that can go wrong if we
are not careful.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse