[coreboot] Patching Config.lb

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jan 25 19:07:18 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:44:38AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> I agree with all of this. We should switch to complete Config.lbs
> for v2.
>
> Also, the reason why I haven't submitted my patch is that
> buildtarget is still broken for -fno-stack-protector (as per a
> previous email), and I figured that as long as I was moving all the
> revisions up, I would wait for that to work, but I can't wait much
> longer, and I really don't grok how the config system works enough
> to hack on it without getting lost.

buildtarget uses a thirdparty config parsing thingy in python to
first load the set of available options (from Options.lb) and then
read their values. (Config.lb)

We were discussing an overlay config - that is applied after the
current Config.lb if specified in an environment variable. Is that
still interesting? Would it solve the problem? I think that's a quick
hack, I could take a look.

//Peter