[coreboot] LinuxTag 2008 in Berlin, May 28-31

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 27 16:51:55 CET 2008

On 27.01.2008 16:07, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 03:01:50PM +0100, Patrick Georgi wrote:
>
>> When that works, we could provide a .jar file with a demo bios
>> image or something like that, for instant experimentation as java
>> applet.
>>

> Indeed neat! Do you know if jpc is actively worked on?

Having a target which can be run from a web browser lowers the barrier
to entry indeed. However, even though JPC is actively worked on, I doubt
we have the resources to port v3 to it and fix the emulator at the same
time.
Qemu may not be the easiest codebase for adding functionality, but it
already works well enough for v2 and v3 modulo a few bugs.
If anyone wants to port v3 to JPC or tell the JPC people about coreboot,
great!

Regards,
Carl-Daniel