[coreboot] alix1c and v3

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Tue Jan 29 22:48:15 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> I have looked at sharing the stack with coreboot/vsa, but it really gets messy.
>
> Also, there is the still unexplained zero'ing of memory at 0x1000.
> That mostly working example i sent was with coreboot text at 0x2000.
>
> So vsa does nothing ABOVE %esp, just in the stack?
>
> This is weird. Can you trap the fs2 on a write to 0x1000 and see if that occurs?
>
> thanks
>
> ron

	// for each int, we create a customized little handler
	// that just pushes %ax, puts the int # in %al,
	// then calls the common interrupt handler.
	// this necessitated because intel didn't know much about
	// architecture when they did the 8086 (it shows)
	// (hmm do they know anymore even now :-)
	// obviously you can see I don't really care about memory
	// efficiency. If I did I would probe back through the stack
	// and get it that way. But that's really disgusting.
	for (i = 0; i < 256; i++) {
		idts[i].cs = 0;
		codeptr = (unsigned char *) 4096 + i * codesize;
		idts[i].offset = (unsigned) codeptr;
		memcpy(codeptr, &idthandle, codesize);
		intbyte = codeptr + 3;
		*intbyte = i;