[coreboot] i82801xx nic problems.

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Wed Jan 30 15:50:08 CET 2008

Hello,
I am racking my brains with this. No matter what I do I can't seem to
get the nic working. The nic is onboard the i82801DB southbridge down
from the PCI bridge, so my Config.lb looks something like this:

device pci 1e.0 on # PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge
chip drivers/pci/onboard
device pci 08.0 on end # Intel Corporation 82801DB PRO/100 VE Ethernet
Controller
end
end

But no matter what I try coreboot thinks it is a static device and
disables it.

do_pci_scan_bridge for PCI: 00:1e.0
PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 01
PCI: devfn 0x0, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x8, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x10, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x18, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x20, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x28, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x30, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: devfn 0x38, bad id 0xffffffff
Disabling static device: PCI: 01:08.0

This wouldn't really be a problem if Linux detected it but that is not
even happening. I am really stumped here. I even tried loading the
Intel Boot Agent pci rom from the original bios but the same thing
happens. Help?
Thanks - Joe