[coreboot] Intel rumers spreading??

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 04:16:55 CEST 2008

On 01.07.2008 03:51, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:14:40 -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
>
>> and it will result in even more upset feelings then if we just told them
>> right off the bat that they are asking for something that probably isn't
>> going to happen.
>>
> Agreed. But when someone asks If we support Intel hardware, telling them
> "no we don't go away" so to speak, do you expect a positive reaction? No,
> If someone said that to me I wouldn't even bother and just look for another
> bios solution and maybe even have a few comments about the group that
> didn't even bother, or offer help.

How about the following statement:
"We are supporting quite a few Intel CPUs and chipsets, but datasheets
for newer Intel chipsets are very difficult to get. If you have a good
business case, you can always try to convince Intel to release the
datasheets for the chipset you are using. The coreboot team would be
delighted to see that happen. Once we have the docs, we can help you
port coreboot to these chipsets."

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--