[coreboot] flashrom with Winbond W25x80 - Testreport

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jul 3 12:19:21 CEST 2008

Hi Björn,

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 11:38:12AM +0200, Gerhart, Bjoern wrote:
> we tested the untested flash chip "Winbond W25x80" with flashrom
> revision 3407. Reading and Erasing the chip went okay,

Great!

> but we encountered an error on writing back the previously read
> image. Please see the below output for further information:
..

> 0x00ec7d0d in strdup () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00ec7d0d in strdup () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x0804c89d in show_id (bios=0xb7c69008 "ø", size=1048576, force=0) at layout.c:73
> #2  0x0804da29 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfd77034) at flashrom.c:565
> (gdb)
>
> coreboot last image size (not ROM size) is -1533804544 bytes.
> Segmentation fault

Thanks for the very detailed report! :)

> Does this information help you to figure out what's going wrong?

Sure does. This is a known bug. I've attached a kludge fix to disable
the offending code to the ticket:

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/ticket/102

Please let me know if -wv works with the patch, and I'll update test
status for the chip.

//Peter