[coreboot] flashrom: Remove Makefile pciutils check, and don't rm *~ in clean

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jul 3 19:15:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 11:41:10AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Yeah, they're generated by autoconf, from a pretty readable
> configure.in file.
>
> Just to be clear, I am not advocating autoconf+automake. I don't
> think we need that.

Ack.

> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 01:48:33AM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > > At the very least the message is not clear enough.
> >
> > I've seen this too, where I had a compiler installed but forgot to
> > set CC or link it to gcc or some such thing. Wouldn't the more
> > correct workaround be to do a compiler check?
>
> Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. I am pieceing something together
> with parts of coresystems' xcompile script. :)

Uh, I'd say this is overkill. Personally I prefer keeping the check in
the Makefile (if at all). An extra script might make sense if there are
_lots_ of _verbose_ and complicated tests, but we're far away from that.

Adding yet another file just doesn't make much sense and is not really
useful either, IMO.

Uwe.