[coreboot] USB debug cables and emulation

bari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Jul 8 15:31:12 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:

> Great. I am going to be on vacation next week. I am about half way through
> reading the USB 2.0 specification (http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/), and
> I will try to finish by next week and dive right in when I get back :-)

Take a look at the microchip PIC devices as an inexpensive alternative
for a USB debug device. PIC24FJ128 series is ~$5 and should do the job.

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1486&redirects=USB

They give you all the source to a USB stack and the device supports
custom modes as well as  device, Host, and OTG.

Some versions have 4 uarts in addition to the USB 2.0 controller if you
wanted to do USB --> Serial.

-Bari