[coreboot] v3 activity: all-time low

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 8 18:04:17 CEST 2008

On 08.07.2008 17:21, ron minnich wrote:
> I would be willing to bet that a lot of that patch activity was me,

Yes, roughly 28% of the number of commits are yours. I haven't counted
number of lines yet.

> and I've been pulled away to other things.

Can we help you avoid these distractions? ;-) Non-coreboot things are
overrated :-P

> We need more people involved.

Absolutely. I have been invited to talk about coreboot at my local LUG
and hope this will give some additional exposure. Apart from that, the
OpenExpo booth at the end of September should work nicely as well.

> It is true that the path of least resistance is v2 -- it's
> here and it works. But we need people to take the hard path and get on
> v3. I can tell you, that once you get going on it, you won't want to
> go back. v3 is really nice.

Same here. I have barely touched v2 in the last year.

> I guess v2 works too well :-)

And there are perceived issues about v3 (X lockup, IRQ routing) where I
personally don't know if they are still there because I gave my alix1c
tp Peter and he installed it at a zoo where it plays frog sounds...

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/