[coreboot] v3 activity: all-time low

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 8 18:37:34 CEST 2008

On 08.07.2008 18:25, bari wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the statistics below are either a sign of v3 being completed or a sign
>> of v3 being a neglected target.
>>
>> Last month we reached an all-time low and it doesn't really look better
>> for this month.
>>
>> I'll gladly review v3 patches if that helps. If anyone has pending v3
>> patches, please send them in.
>>

> Can someone familiar with V3 please spend maybe just a couple of hours
> writing up a V2 --> V3 porting guide?

The v3 design doc in the v3 tree should explain the v3 architecture and
IIRC it even has a section on porting experience. However, some stuff
has changed since the doc was updated, so it's a great starter, but not
necessarily complete. You can find it at
coreboot-v3/doc/design/newboot.lyx or at
http://www.coreboot.org/images/0/0a/Newboot.pdf

> This may help someone interested in taking some working V2 chipsets into
> V3.

I hope to tackle this soon based on your feedback about the design doc.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/