[coreboot] new to coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 10 13:49:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 10.07.2008 13:30, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:32:05AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> Thank you for your very prompt reply, Carl-Daniel
>>>
>>> Probably true, worth a try I believe because googling "MS6178 Linux"
>>> revealed "News - coreboot
>>> Linux has never been able to run on this board until now. .... Thanks to
>>> Uwe Hermann we now have preliminary support for the MSI MS-6178
>>> mainboard." (Sep07). Nothing to lose anyway.
>>>

>> Ah, that piece of news referred to the Thomson IP1000, a set-top box.
>>

> Hm? Don't think so, there _is_ a MS-6178 target and partially works:
> http://www.coreboot.org/MSI_MS-6178_Build_Tutorial

I was referring to "Linux has never been able to run on this board until
now". That sentence does not belong to the MS-6178.
Of course your "preliminary support" statement is true and refers to the
MS-6178.
Mixing these two sentences led to misunderstanding.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/