[coreboot] SeaBIOS VGA ROM

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 15 00:37:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 05:27:05PM -0500, Ken.Fuchs at bench.com wrote:
> Does this imply that SeaBIOS doesn't include VGABIOS by default?

It does not.

> Is VGABIOS the only open source VGA BIOS supported by coreboot?

I believe VGABIOS is the only open source VGA BIOS that exists.

Does VGABIOS work on any hardware that is supported by coreboot? If
so, it should work with coreboot.

> Does SeaBIOS support VGABIOS?

Does VGABIOS work on the hardware that is supported by SeaBIOS?

> Does SeaBIOS run on the bare hardware that has been initialized by
> coreboot?  Or does it only run via qemu?

SeaBIOS runs also on real hardware, as a coreboot payload, but is
still in early stages of development.

//Peter