[coreboot] SeaBIOS mouse

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Jul 17 03:57:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:07:30PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> I'm still groping around in the dark here, but...

I wish I could help you more.  Unfortunately I'm not an expert on the
PS/2 port hardware.  I can say it seems to work fine on the epia-m,
but who knows.

> When I leave the mouse enabled, I get no handle_74 messages, even when I
> wiggle the mouse.  I get handle_09 (keyboard) messages, and it fails earlier
> when I press lots of keys.  When that happens I get a buffer full in inhibit
> instead of enable.

You shouldn't see handle_74 messages unless something actually
requests the mouse.  If you want to see them, start freedos, run
the "edit" command, and then move the mouse.

As a guess, maybe coreboot isn't fully initializing the ps2 port.  If
you're getting keyboard irqs on a mouse move that sounds wrong.

> So I'm wondering why handle_74 never gets called.  I don't see anything
> obvious.  I tried to get handle_74 messages from qemu, and didn't see them
> there either.  I'm hoping that this is at least part of the problem.

I've verified that the mouse works both under qemu and on the epia-m.
You just need to run an old dos program that uses the bios mouse
calls.

-Kevin