[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 05:36:15 CEST 2008

On 17.07.2008 03:53, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 09:36:16PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>
>> stomping on the second payload.
>>

> Could be avoided by having seabios load payloads and maybe even ROMs
> from the larball that is the flash chip.

The stomping problem is still there in that case. If there's any stack,
it can be stomped on by the code executed from the option ROM.
I can see two ways out, both not really nice:
- checksum all important code and data, then compare the result
- reload all code, checksum only the data
- reload all code, preserve no data (which would include BIOS tables)

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/