[coreboot] lspci output difference between Commercial BIOS and coreboot

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 02:00:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM,  <Ken.Fuchs at bench.com> wrote:
> I have an nVidia CRB system that generates significantly
> difference lspci output depending on whether the Commercial
> BIOS or LinuxBIOS (coreboot) is used.
>
> --- Summary of lspci output differences ---
>
> When using LinuxBIOS (coreboot), the PCI video card doesn't
> appear.  When I using the Commercial BIOS, the video card is
> clearly identified as:
>
> 01:06.0 VGA compatible controller: Tseng Labs Inc ET6000 (rev 30)
>
> The Comm. BIOS 00:18-19.x remains LinuxBIOS 00:18-19.x.
>
> The Comm. BIOS 00:00-0e.x becomes LinuxBIOS 01:00-0e.x,
> with some device # changes and one function # change.
>
> The Comm. BIOS 80:00-0e.x becomes LinuxBIOS 02:00-0e.x,
> but LinuxBIOS has the following additional entries:

in MB Options.lb

#HT Unit ID offset, default is 1, the typical one, 0 mean only one HT device
default HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE=0

#real SB Unit ID, default is 0x20, mean dont touch it at last
#default HT_CHAIN_END_UNITID_BASE=0x6

#make the SB HT chain on bus 0, default is not (0)
default SB_HT_CHAIN_ON_BUS0=2

#only offset for SB chain?, default is yes(1)
default SB_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_OFFSET_ONLY=0

but second HT still on bus 0x40...

YH