[coreboot] [flashrom] flashrom problem: will not flash on compaq/deskpro Deskpro EN SFF P600

Ludwig Jaffe luja at openhardware.de
Mon Jun 2 13:27:14 CEST 2008

Hi!

thank you for your info.
Could you document your steps a little bit?
Ok, I thought about closing the jumper P34.

The AppNote of st says one only has to rise pin1 (reset) to vid=12V to
temporarily
unprotect the flash. -> but 12V can cause harm to other devices, and I
do not know the circuitry of the board.
So this feature seems to be jumper P34. I will try.

Fortunately I managed to rewrite the old bios in the unporotected
sectors (the protected sectors were not modified by
erase and write). So reboot should be safe.

Attached you find my coreboot.bin together with the filo config. (The
Flash is damn small, one wants to have more space. Which upgrades are
supported? If I solder a socket I easily could upgrade to a bigger flash)

Is my coreboot kosher? does it boot?

Many thanks

LuJa