[coreboot] flashrom and list of computers

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Fri Jun 6 16:43:22 CEST 2008

it is nice to see that so many people like the idea ... :)

back to basics. my suggestion was to have a list and perhaps a utility
that allows coreboot/flashrom to collect chip data from various box
in the hope to seek out easy targets and give the developers a new incentive.

I do not thing that the myriad PC boards need that much support. A very interessting
target could the std. desktop PC deployed by companies (DELL,HP, etc ..)
That would open a whole new area: a desktop PC that boots linux instandly.

Since journey starts with the first step and coreboot simply need a database about
deployed systems and there chipsets. To get many users as possible to submit data
a *simple* script is need that collect the informations and sends it directly to coreboot.org.

Next question: who will write that script ?

re
 wh