[coreboot] Thin Client Compaq Evo T20

Nick Innes nick.innes at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 21:11:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been making reasonable progress on getting one of my T30s to boot.
I can reliably get the thing to etherboot a 2.6.24 kernel I compiled and
an ugly bodged up RAM disk I've created.

I've got what I think is a working irq_tables.c file for the mainboard,
however when the kernel boots it says 'PCI: Guessed IRQ x for device
0000:00:y.0', where x is the IRQ in my irq_tables.c and y is the devfn
(device? slot?) in the file, just before each device gets used for the
first time.
After a little prodding checkpir gave me what I assume to be a valid
checksum, which seems to have made no difference. Is the kernel very
good at guessing, or are these the symptom of a bad checksum in the
table, or an incorrect kernel config?

I'm also a little stumped on the initialisation of the cardbus slot - it
all looks good, but one of the GPIO lines on the super-IO is connected
to the /shutdown line on the power controller, so no power seems to get
through. It can detect insertions and removals of cards and correctly
identify whether the inserted card is PCMCIA or Cardbus.
Is it reasonable that the cardbus controller can see the type of card if
the card is unpowered? I think the EPIA-MII is a very different animal,
but would be thrilled to be wrong and benefit from someone's experiences
with it!

Nick