[coreboot] flashrom SC520 support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Jun 22 19:20:22 CEST 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
>> On the TS5300 it was strapped to 0x9400000, other SC520 systems
>> may be configured differently. But basically all have their flash
>> at non-standard positions afaik.
>>

> Hm? You say strapped, to me that means controlled by board
> design/jumpers. Is the address always set by hardware, and
> then that address is readable in the PAR registers?

I hint you to the SC520 manuals on AMDs web page.

> Does anyone else have access to a SC520 system?
>
> I hope you agree that it is not so useful to spend time on adding
> support for a 7+ year old board, which noone can test on, that has
> already been compiled out of the utility by default since forever.

Absolutely my point. This is why the current state is possibly the best
it can get in this regard.

We won't drop coreboot support for sc520 either, just because the
default case (ie. compiling a K8 or LX target) does not include that
code (.. since many years)

That code worked fine when I last tested it last year, so there's
absolutely no reason to remove it.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613