[coreboot] flashrom: Cache probed id:s

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Jun 24 11:57:24 CEST 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
>> There are three ways to solve this:
>> - Keep probe results per function per chip size (ugly)
>>

> I like a variation on this:
>
> - Cache probe results per function per start address
>
> I don't think it's so ugly because as you pointed out the address
> probed is input to the sequence.
>
> Needs a little more code changed though.

Can you try to do this outside of the probe function?

ie. use a hash made from ptr to probe function and size (or rather base
address!)

Also, I think since the multi flashchip support went in, flashrom
continues to probe
for 512K flash chips at 0xfff80000 even though a 512K flash chip was
found at that very address
 -- This is a rather useless behavior and was introduced only recently.
If we stop probing in a certain memory range once we know that range is
reserved by a given flash chip, we can greatly reduce the probing time
again (back to what it was a while ago)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613