[coreboot] firmware memory map

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Jun 25 22:23:12 CEST 2008

On 25/06/08 22:14 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> * Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [2008-06-25 14:05]:
> >
> > This thread will be of interest to us.
> >
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/25/34
>
> Why? Because the kernel does need a new interface (Coreboot instead of
> E820)?

Its not about the interface that the kernel uses, its about reporting
the memory map to userland entities (especially kexec).  There might
be interest here in writing a module that supports the coreboot tables
as an effort to try to work better with others.  If nothing else, it will
introduce our memory map ideas in a place where we don't have to
convince people to buy our koolaid before trying it out.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer