[coreboot] r3393 - trunk/util/flashrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jun 28 18:38:01 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 06:28:34PM +0200, svn at coreboot.org wrote:
> Log:
> * ICH7 SPI support
> * fix some variable names in ichspi.c (Offset -> offset)
> * Dump ICH7 SPI bar with -V
> * Improve error message in case IOPL goes wrong.

Unfortunately this patch broke flashrom on ICH7 not using SPI for at
least one user as reported on IRC just now. :(

Should we just back it out for now? Stefan, do you know what could
cause the problem? Rudolf, maybe you have an idea since you know the
chipset too?

Rudolf - if you have your ICH7 SPI patch in a version that applies to
3392, maybe the reporter should try that?

I asked the reporter to send a message to flashrom@ and I got a
promise about testing patches to fix the problem. :)

//Peter