[coreboot] Fwd: Unable to power up db800 with coreboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Mar 1 03:54:34 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:47:16AM -0800, Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
> MENULST_FILE = "hda1:/grub/menu.lst"
>
> AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hda1:/vmlinuz initrd hda1:/initrd root=/dev/hda3
>   vga=0x317 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200"

As far as I know these two are mutually exclusive. If using the grub
compatibility stuff in FILO then AUTOBOOT_FILE will never be used.

I don't like grub and thus always stick to only using AUTOBOOT_FILE.

In your case the line looks fine if the kernel is stored in
/boot/vmlinuz, if it's /vmlinuz then change to hda3 instead of hda1
in the first argument.

Oh, and make sure you build FILO with reiserfs support if the kernel
is on your root partition.

//Peter