[coreboot] Geode GX / CS5535 / PIC

Martin Trautmann traut at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 12:13:14 CET 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 05:11:31PM +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
>>> Here's the board itself:
>>> http://www.nottoxic.com/wapcc/dectop/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=hardware:dectop:dectoplb.jpg
>> The BIOS chip is soldered.
>
> It looks like J11 may also have the LPC bus signals.

Could be.

I assumed LVDS on
http://www.nottoxic.com/wapcc/dectop/wiki/doku.php?id=hardware:dectop:erweiterungen#lvds_connector
- I'll have to check e.g. the voltage levels on pins 8/18 (5 or 3.3V)
and 19/20 (12 V). Is there a typical default pinout for LPC?

http://www.artecgroup.com/downloads/task,doc_download/gid,5/Itemid,33/
could use anything.

I've seen other applications which used 20 pin connectors for GPIO purposes

 > If the boot
> flash selector ball is also on J11 you could use Artec's dongle or
> just another LPC flash chip to work on coreboot rather than having to
> desolder the existing chip.

I know that the BIOS can be programmed easily onboard since there's a
Windows software around to reprogram it.

Is there any kind of de-assembler within coreboot that would help to
find out what the current BIOS versions do?

Thanks,
Martin