[coreboot] Two questions about 690/600

Feng, Libo Libo.Feng at amd.com
Mon Mar 3 11:04:01 CET 2008

Hi, all, Marc and Yinghai,

We are adapting LB for AMD Herring board based on Turion 64x2 and 690/600. Now we have two questions, could you give us some guide?

1. How to enable the VGA controller on 690? LB has detected the controller, from the previous experience, we seem to need a VBIOS to initialize the controller. But the controller is integrated into the 690, can we handle it just like an onboard controller and put VBIOS at 0xfff80000 and run VBIOS in the function of dev_initialize?

2. 600 is attached to 690 via A-Link, from my understanding, 600 should be on another PCI bus, but from the LB trace, it seems 600 is still on PCI bus 0. Why? The 690 Datasheet says NB/SB Link P2P bridge is hidden by default, is this the reason?

Thanks.

Best Regards

丰立波 Feng Libo @ AMD  Ext: 20906
Mobile Phone: 13683249071