[coreboot] Problems with VIA EPIA-ME6000

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Mar 4 12:50:54 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 08:31:23AM +0100, Klaus Stammermann wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. März 2008 21:33 schrieben Sie:
> > * Klaus Stammermann <klaus123 at ibnoetzold.de> [080303 15:20]:
> > > Hi there
> > >
> > > I have some trouble to use coreboot on my VIA EPIA-ME6000 so I hope
> > > someone could give me some hints.
> > >
> > > With epia-m and filo I can build a bios without vga. This runs till
> > > jumping to kernel. This breaks up with an error:
> > > "Jumping to entry point...
> > > 0
> >
> > Was the kernel built with serial console support? Was console=ttyS0,...
> > specified as a command line option to the kernel?
> >

> Yes, I use following startup parameters:
> "hda1:/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200"

And you also use 'USE_GRUB = 0'? Otherwise FILO will try to read your
menu.lst file from GRUB and ignore the above line.

> I did not use that optionroms. But how can I use this optionrom? Where do I
> have to put it in my image?

I think at the beginning (but someone please correct me if I'm wrong), i.e.

cat vga.rom coreboot.com > coreboot_full.rom

But you need to tweak the config files too in order to make the
coreboot.rom smaller (so there's place for vga.rom).

Uwe.