[coreboot] VGA and Asus a8v-e_se

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:54:47 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Jonathan Rogers
<jonathanrrogers at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I tried to follow the wiki page http://www.coreboot.org/VGA_support, so
>  I opened src/mainboard/asus/a8v-e_se/Options.lb. However, that file
>  contains the following lines instead of ones starting with "option" as
>  in the wiki:
>
>  #VGA
>  default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA=1
>  default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN=1

yes, this wiki page is really wrong, I just realized.

We should not be telling people to mess with those files, unless they
are going to commit those changes
to the svn. People should only ever need to change files in the
targets/ directory. If they need to change some
other config files, then we have a bug or we need to make an improvement.

Can whoever wrote that page get in touch with me so we can try to fix it up?

thanks

ron