[coreboot] VGA and Asus a8v-e_se

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Mar 4 23:11:13 CET 2008

> Your instructions about both Powernow! and VGA BIOS were right on. I now
> have my Ubuntu system running with both video and frequency scaling
> after booting from coreboot. I have attached the output from "sudo lspci
> -vvvxxx" after making the above changes and booting coreboot.

Good. Please can you bit play with the peg_init?

I think you can ommit:

       /* Disable scrambling bit 6 to 1. */
        pci_write_config8(dev, 0xc0, 0x43);

and this part:

        /* Retrain link. */
        reg = pci_read_config8(dev, 0x50);
        pci_write_config8(dev, 0x50, reg | 0x20);

        reg = pci_read_config8(dev, 0x3e);
        reg |= 0x40;            /* Bus reset. */
        pci_write_config8(dev, 0x3e, reg);

        reg = pci_read_config8(dev, 0x3e);
        reg &= ~0x40;           /* Clear reset. */
        pci_write_config8(dev, 0x3e, reg);

Will it work afterwards?

Or you may try to change:
 pci_write_config8(dev, 0xe1, 0xb);

to:

 pci_write_config8(dev, 0xe1, 0x4);

I have usually like 1 hour of free time every day (during late evening) so I
can't test too much but I can help like this.

Thanks,
Rudolf