[coreboot] m57sli FAN control

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Mar 5 00:51:40 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:01:27AM +0100, Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
> I think gigabyte provides different bios for V1 and V2 boards,
> shouldn't we do the same?

This is something I have thought about on and off.

If there are hardware differences on the board revisions that we are
unable to reliably determine in software I think they should be
separate ports..

> (by means of an option, like setting HAVE_FANCTL to 1 for v1 and to
> 2 for v2)

..rather than having options.

This also fits better with how v3 works, where I think it would be
more intuitive to have several board revs at the same level in the
Kconfig menus rather than having a submenu for boards where multiple
revisions are supported.

//Peter

//Peter