[coreboot] ASUS A8V-E Deluxe now supported

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Mar 7 00:51:55 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe board works pretty well
in coreboot v2 already. I haven't even touched more than 1 (in words: one)
lines of code. This is all thanks to Rudolf Marek's great work on the
ASUS A8V-E SE board, which is very similar to this one.

I've posted the full status table and a small build tutorial in the wiki:

http://www.coreboot.org/ASUS_A8V-E_Deluxe_Build_Tutorial

It boots up to a Linux login prompt, CPU, RAM, SATA (port 1), audio, ethernet,
USB, VGA, and lots of other stuff work fine. Even 'poweroff' and
'reboot' work, probably thanks to the ACPI implementation by Rudolf.

There are some TODOs left (IDE seems to have a problem, SATA port 2
also, and a few other things hasn't yet been tested), I'll work on
fixing them in the next few days or so.

Thanks, Uwe.