[coreboot] m57sli FAN control

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Tue Mar 11 00:20:34 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 18:02 -0400, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> :) Yeah, it works fine on v1 and v2 for me. I think we can commit once
> we
> bring the settings for fan2 and 3 in line with those for fan1, unless
> you
> have an argument against doing that?

The only arguments I can think of are:
- prop. bios doesn't do it for FAN2
- if there is no connector that could be used for CPU related fan on the
mainboard that wires to the FAN2 output, then why should we?

Are you referring to the difference 0x27/0x20 for the indexes 0x63/0x73?
Maybe the intention is to have a bigger fan on FAN3 that doesn't rotate
at all below 30% pw, while the smaller fan on FAN1 already rotates at
25% pw. Who knows...

Ronald.