[coreboot] Possible support for Lippert Cool LiteRunner

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 13:59:26 CET 2008

Hi all,

We use the Lippert Cool LiteRunner in a commercial application. The POST
times of the Lippert BIOS is DISMAL to say the least. The embedded
system takes 11 seconds to the lilo/grub stage.

I noticed that the Cool FrontRunner has some work completed, although it
is not listed as a working board. The Frontrunner is basically a
LiteRunner with some extra features.

Our company are considering the possibilties for a new BIOS. The
following questions come to mind:

Option 1: We hack coreboot.
* What will this entail in work? We have some experience and equipment in
house for the job.
* What do we require to make life easy for us? (tools etc)

Option 2: We pay someone to hack coreboot for us.
* Is there someone that can do this for us?
* What will this cost?

Option 3: An alternative to coreboot?
* Is there an alternative??

Option 4: /*Not really an option*/ We buy in one of the commercial bios
solutions

Best regards,

Frans