[coreboot] flashrom issues found??

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 17:48:36 CET 2008

On 12.03.2008 16:39, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Quoting Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:

>>> Dumping the ICH GPIO settings and PCI config space (once) before and
>>> (repeatedly) during a flash operation with the Intel SDK flash utility
>>> may help you solve the mystery. If you can't find any differences, you
>>> may have to resort to renouveau and revenge (reverse engineering tools
>>> of nouveau and radeon developers, respectively).
>>>
>> A PCI config space dump under factory BIOS and coreboot would be
>> appreciated. As I wrote in another mail, knowing the MTRRs would help as
>> well.
>>
> here you go.

Thanks. The enabled set of legacy devices (superio, keyboard,
gameport...) differs quite a bit between factory and coreboot. However,
even with the additional information I found, the LPC configuration
seems to be OK.

I dislike the MTRR settings, though. I would very much like to
explicitly disable caching for the top 128 MB.

Have you already tried to set the ICH+SuperIO GPIO settings to the same
values as the factory BIOS? If you do that and the issue still happens,
we should investigate caching.

This is a M50FW080 chip, right? The M50FW080 data sheet explicitly
states you can NOT issue the chip erase command in FWH mode.
erase_sector_39sf020() is the erase routine you need to use in a loop.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/