[coreboot] flashrom issues found??

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 13 01:46:48 CET 2008

On 13.03.2008 01:36, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> As I wrote in my last mail: "erase_sector_39sf020() is the erase routine
>> you need to use in a loop." It is the (mostly) correct routine to use.
>> Simply call it for every block to be erased. There is an equivalent
>> routine for the 20sf040.
>>
>> However, if you want instant gratification, replace erase_jedec() with
>> erase_lhf00l04() or erase_82802ab(). Those two functions are even closer
>> to the datasheet recommended values. In fact, with them everything
>> should work out of the box, including sector protection.
>>

> Carl-Daniel, I don't just want to fix this for "instant
> gratification". I needs to be a perminant solution. I have alot of
> people waiting to beta-test the RCA RM4100 coreboot bios and work on
> the tv-out, but we need to get flashrom working for a fallback/updates
> first. I can test it with the "instant gratification" method but how
> to incorperate this into jedec.c so it doesn't interfear with other
> chips that use jedec.c???

Heh. My wording was a little bit on the flowery side. Please test
whether the "instant gratification" variant works, if it does, I'll take
care to get it into a mergeable shape.

Please note that this will not fix writing, I'm just trying to get erase
working and hope you can write to the (socketed?) chip with another
tool. If the chip is not socketed, you may want to delay testing.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/