[coreboot] [RFC] First K8 board to port to v3

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 13 11:44:38 CET 2008

On 13.03.2008 09:15, Rudolf Marek wrote:
>> M2V-MX SE has VT8237S, K9VGM-V has VT8237A.
>>

> I have datasheet for VT8237A and not for VT8237S. If it would take five weeks to
> get it :/...

Ouch. Does it cost something as well or is it "just" the effort to go
through the datasheet request procedure? I think asking for the data
sheet just in case we'd use it later may save us the waiting time if we
ever need it.

> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K9VGM-V
>
>   	Supports 1.8v DDR2 SDRAM DIMM
> Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations
> may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering
> Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR2
> voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory
> setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
>
> Wtf?

Indeed. The wording is horrible. They should have written "Please note
that some non-standard high performance DIMMs may require voltages above
the standard 1.8V. Please set DIMM voltage to the values recommended by
the DIMM manufacturer."
http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx_ddr2.asp has a listing of
some of these non-standard DIMMs.

Regards,