[coreboot] Device mapping problem

Klaus Stammermann klaus123 at ibnoetzold.de
Mon Mar 17 13:25:51 CET 2008

Hi there

Booting on my Via EPIA-ME6000 with original BIOS the installed OS starts
without any problems. But using my coreboot image it got a problem with
device mapping.

I posted changes on my coreboot config here:
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-March/031945.html

At end of that posting there is this error description:
"But system does not booting at all. I think device mapping works not
correct. On booting system is checking sda. Some errors like:
exception Emask ... 0x2 frozen
soft resetting port...
configured for UDMA...
(... are inserted by me because I got this output only on display)

At end kernel panic is shown:
0800 2000880 sda driver: sd
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

But installed system starts with original bios. As device I use a CF-disk
on an CF-IDE adapter."

I try to solve this problem, but I don't know where to look at. Does
anyone get an idea what could be wrong in my config?

Greetings
Klaus