[coreboot] appending VGA ROM with VSA

Phani Babu Giddi phanig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:15:55 CET 2008

Hello All,

I am trying to append VGA ROM that is extracted using dd and trying to
include it as part of the final flash image. Now I reduce the ROM_SIZE by
36K for VSM and 32K for VGA ROM. As per the procedure I also edit
src/mainboard/amd/db800/Options.lb and Config.lb.

Now there seems to be some problem in finding VSA and thereafter the VGA
also. Take a look at the log messages. I am using SST49LF008A which is a 1MB
flash part.

Before VSA:
do_vsmbios
buf ilen 828 olen2606
buf 00060000 *buf 254 buf[256k] 0
buf[0x20] signature is 82:6a:ff:ff
do_vsmbios: no vsainit.bin signature, skipping!
After VSA:
Graphics init...
VRC_VG value: 0xffff
Finding PCI configuration type.