[coreboot] ICH Series i82801xx EHCI (USB 2.0) problems

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Wed Mar 26 20:43:28 CET 2008

Quoting Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:57:42AM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>>> Please send lspci from when you've booted with coreboot. Is the EHCI
>>> USB controller there at all? If so, there should be errors during
>>> boot when the ehci driver tries to load.
>>>
>>> (Or worst-case coreboot has done such a bad job at init that the
>>> driver thinks life is good but in fact nothing EHCI works. :()
>
> FWIW, here's the diff. I don't think the missing sybsystem IDs are a
> problem (and that could be fixed very easily anyway),
The strange thing is, the code is already setup to do this but it
doesn't for some reason???

> and the different
> IRQ and mem regions shouldn't be a problem per se either, correct?
Correct, this shouldn't matter.

> Might the SERR difference here cause problems?
Possible?

> The register differences in the EHCI device should probably be analyzed
> in detail (using datasheet), haven't done that so far.

The only differences I can see are registers 0x68 and 0x6C.
Register 0x68 (USB EHCI Legacy Support Extended Capability) is
supposed to be read only so I don't get that one. And I am not sure
exactly that the register 0x6C (USB EHCI Legacy Support
Control/Status) has an issue. There is also a "Host Controller
Operational Registers" located in memory, but I am not exactly sure
how to read those.

Thanks - Joe