[coreboot] ICH Series i82801xx EHCI (USB 2.0) problems

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Mar 27 13:12:52 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:43:28PM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> FWIW, here's the diff. I don't think the missing sybsystem IDs are a
>> problem (and that could be fixed very easily anyway),
> The strange thing is, the code is already setup to do this but it
> doesn't for some reason???

Nope, it's not setup to do it (for this board). You have to add

uses MAINBOARD_PCI_SUBSYSTEM_VENDOR_ID
uses MAINBOARD_PCI_SUBSYSTEM_DEVICE_ID
[...]
default MAINBOARD_PCI_SUBSYSTEM_VENDOR_ID = 0x1462
default MAINBOARD_PCI_SUBSYSTEM_DEVICE_ID = 0x7260

in your Options.lb, and replace the two IDs as appropriate for your
board. Currently the code only supports setting _one_ ID for all
devices, you cannot set different IDs for different devices.
But again, this is _usually_ only a cosmetical change, very few things
rely on subsystem IDs in most OSes.

Uwe.