[coreboot] MIPS Yamon replacement?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 15:22:01 CET 2008

On 27.03.2008 14:15, Marc Karasek wrote:
> I have a lot of prior experience with MIPS based processors (7+years). I
> took YAMON and hacked it to take out the endianess stuff, added features
> (bootp support, tcp/ip stack(uip), commands, etc. I have most of the
> source code I have done for this, my prior company is a dead bug, if I
> can be of assistance fel free to email me.

That fits the bill nicely. Can you three guys coordinate your efforts?

To become more familiar with coreboot, I suggest you try to compile
coreboot v3 for the qemu target (run "make menuconfig", exit, run
"make", execute qemu with coreboot.rom) and look at the corresponding
serial output. It's really verbose and gives you a good idea of the
execution path in v3.
There should be some qemu tutorial in the coreboot wiki, but I'm not
completely sure whether it is about v2 or v3. The qemu command line
should be the same, though. If you can't get it to run, please tell us
and we'll help.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel