[coreboot] recent mainboard with coreboot support and certain requirements

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 14:34:38 CET 2008

Dear list readers,

sorry for bothering you.

I want to buy a new mainboard with the following features.

1. It has to be supported by coreboot.
2. I want to have a board with onboard graphics, since I do not play any
games. I hope to save power this way.
3. Probably it should support a processor with at least 2 GHz.
4. Firewire would be nice.

(I want to maybe do some video editing once every three months.)

Of course I read [1]. It looks like I have to make a decision between
onboard graphic and firewire – but 2. has higher priority (or is my
assumption regarding power consumption wrong).

So this is my result.

- GIGABYTE_GA-2761GXDK [2] (the link in the wiki on the board [3]
somehow leads to [4])

Unfortunately this board seems not to be available in Germany/Europe(?).
Therefore I weakened requirement 1. a little bit to 1‘.

1‘. It has or will have coreboot support.

That is why I am planning to buy the ASUS M2V-MX SE [5] having read the
announcement from Rudolf Marek [6].

Any thoughts/suggestions from you to my decision/requirements.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/GIGABYTE_GA-2761GXDK_Build_Tutorial