[coreboot] ADLO for buildrom

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu May 1 04:25:18 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 09:58:56AM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> This patch adds ADLO to buildrom using the gcc ported BOCHS BIOS.  It
> boots Windows XP in QEMU.

Thanks Myles!

>It still needs as86 to be installed because
> I didn't port the loader yet.

Porting the loader from as86 style assembler to gas should be pretty
simple.  (In fact, I wonder if just telling gas to use intel syntax
would make it work.)

However, ultimately I think the logic should just be ported to C code.

>Other things like making the loader
> understand the coreboot information to get the RAM map would be nice
> too.

I think we're going to need to teach legacybios about coreboot (and
maybe add some new things to coreboot).  I'd prefer not require a
special shim between the code just to pass the handful of parameters
around.

Thanks again,
-Kevin