[coreboot] patch: move audio, ehci, ohci IRQs from irq_table to cs5536 dts

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun May 4 17:27:27 CEST 2008

On 04.05.2008 12:34, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 11:57:25AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> I would also like to show off v3 in Berlin.
>>>
>> Depending on how much space we get, displaying more than two
>> systems could pose real challenges.
>>

> IIRC orgas are talked about one half infopoint. That is an area about
> 1m wide and 60cm deep. I'd say up to six mainboards can fit if they
> are small enough. My only problem is with displays - there is neither
> room nor logistics for more than a single screen, and it's a little
> boring to only see output from one board at a time. :\
>
> I'll try to bring a 4-1 monitor switch so we can at least switch
> around easily. Last year we had serial output from lots of boards on
> the screen at the same time, we can do that again but it's more fun
> to have VGA tint on power on. ;)
>
> I'll bring a PS/2 keyboard.

Great! I'll bring a USB keyboard.

http://www.coreboot.org/LinuxTag_2008 has the info I collected so far.

>>> Dunno..
>>>
>> I'd even say we have arrived.
>>

> Strongly disagree.
>

>> With the right payload configuration,
>>

> Nono, "arrived" means there are zero reservations.

For me, "arrived" means v3 is as good as v2.

> I spent a good hour creating a v3 that did nothing at all on my
> alix1c. Turned out to be a VSA blob formatting problem. It still
> can not use the CF.

Can you explain what you mean with "VSA blob formatting problem"?

> Neither buildrom nor v3 actually include VSA blob and payload.elf
> when I run make. I forget where the zerofill option was, but that
> wasn't done either.

Buildrom should include the VSA AFAIK.

> Oh and stuffing everything into build/ feels so unusual. I go
> looking for lar in all the wrong places (util) but that's just me.
>

>> these systems work fine (unless you want to use those pesky ISDN
>> cards with horrible drivers). To be honest, I'd say we sidestep
>> the ISDN issue completely by using any other miniPCI card for
>> demos.
>>

> Yes definately. But please keep in mind that the product is not done
> until it has been so polished that users mistake it for a mirror. ;)

Right. The MFGPT issues definitely need to be solved.

> Btw, what is a fun miniPCI-card? All I have is the POST card and two
> wifi cards.

Video+Audio capture cards would be a very unusual but rewarding choice:
Commell MP-878AS or similar.

> Or a fun PCI card for that matter, for alix1c.

A DVB-T receiver card could fit, but I have no idea where you can get
decent reception indoors.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel