[coreboot] Does the Intel 3100 reboot?

Joe joe at settoplinux.org
Mon May 5 00:00:53 CEST 2008

Ed this question is kind of for you but maybe anyone else can answer. I
have had a few requests to get "reboot" or "shutdown -r now" working on the
RCA RM4100. Linux goes to reboot it just fine but after the reset the
memory starts to initialize and then it just hangs. I wondering if this
code works on the 3100 for reboots?

		if (memory_initialized()) {
			asm volatile ("jmp __cpu_reset");
		}

If so I am a little confused by it. It is saying if memory_initialized() is
true (anything but 0); do the next part. But if you look at the function
memory_initialized():

static inline int memory_initialized(void)
{
	u32 drc;
	drc = pci_read_config32(NB_DEV, DRC);
	return (drc & (1<<29));
}

With the bit shift it is always going to be true (anything but 0). So, why
the if statement?
Am I making any sense?

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux